Monday, April 14, 2014

Painted iPad Cover


I recently had to part with my iPad for a few weeks while it was repaired.  I've wanted to paint the cover and decided this was the time.  It's black leather so I started with a base of black gesso to give the paint something to stick to.  Then.....what color?  Well, of course, my favorite, blue and turquoise.  After I had the background the way I wanted it,  I used The Crafter's Workshop stencil, Corn Flowers (TClW375) and painted a layer of white gesso through the stencil before I painted the red flowers and green stems and leaves.  This made the flower colors really pop against the blue background.    




After I was all finished, I put 3 coats of Golden GAC-100  Multi-Purpose Acrylic Polymer so that it would create a durable finish.  It added a bit of shine too.  Now I just need my iPad back!! 

Click on the links for the stencil and the Golden acrylic polymer and it will take you to where you can purchase them. Hope you enjoyed this post and if you have any questions or comments, please enter them below!  

No comments:

Post a Comment