Monday, July 18, 2016

Art Journal Mixed Up Manic Monday

Thought I would share some of my latest art journal pages.
First, my latest Inspiration Wednesday pages.

July 6
Ribbon Page
I used hand painted fabric from my stash mixed with a few pieces of ribbon and denim. 




June 22
I found the leaf rub-ons that I had didn't work well over all of the texture so I used gold paint and a stencil.  The word rub-ons worked well though. Love the colors in this one.




The next two pages I experimented with image transfers using photocopies of artist, Frida Kahlo on pages in my art journal that I had cleaned off paint brushes and brayers.



I used a beautiful gift bag that I bought a few years ago at World Market as inspiration for the next pages.  I really love the way it turned out!

Gift Bag



The reason I love art journaling so much is that I can do a "test run" of something I want to do on canvas and incorporate what I learned into a final project.  I will probably do that with the last page,  so stay tuned!

What are you working on this summer?


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work! Thanks for the comment on my blog too!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete